When you use lip balm that you have made yourself, you will quickly notice a difference in how soft your lips feel. Most commercial lip balms just sit on your lips and don't moisturize them. Homemade lip balm made with natural ingredients actually soaks in and moisturizes your lips. What a difference!
1/2 tsp. beeswax
3/4 tsp. shea butter, mango butter or a combination
3/4-1 tsp. oil that is liquid at room temperature (aloe vera oil, olive oil, sweet almond oil, etc.)
2 vitamin E oil capsules (optional)
2-3 drops food grade flavor oil (optional)
Microwave safe container Small sterile lip balm container
1. Gather all the ingredients you will be using to make your lip balm.
2. Combine all ingredients, except flavoring, in a microwave safe container.
3. Place the container in a microwave and melt in short bursts until everything is completely liquid. This should take a minute or two. In between melting bursts, stir ingredients lightly to help evenly disperse the heat.
4. Add your flavoring if you decided to use it.
5. Quickly, but carefully, pour melted ingredients into your sterile lip balm container. It will usually set up in about ten minutes. you are now ready to try out your lip balm
Read more: How to make Lip Balm | eHow.com